Wednesday, June 1, 2011

Silly boy

As I sit here and type this post, Morris is playing the charming companion to several kittens who have chosen him as their play toy du jour. He's at least four times their size, but so gentle and so tolerant. One kitten in particular keeps coming back for more and Morris seems to enjoy it.

As much as I hate to admit it, I'm not sure what the future holds for Morris. If someone is looking for a companion for their cat, Morris is their man. In an environment where he has no other cats to keep him company and he may come out of his shell even more. His kittens continue to do really well. They are very social, very active and simply adorable. I am sure they will get adopted in no time. Morris will stay with me until he gets a home or we decide to keep him.

He really is lucky little Morris. Just yesterday, someone brought a beautiful Persian kitty without a home to my attention. She's social, super friendly and was probably left behind by someone who moved and didn't want to take her with them. I sometimes wonder why fate or the universe or what have you put Morris in my path, knowing I would do whatever I needed in order to help him. How was he the lucky one while others, more friendly, more loving don't get the same opportunities? While I wait for that plan to unfold, I'll continue to advocate for homeless animals at the same time providing loving care and support for those I have the pleasure of meeting. Morris has already been an inspiration to so many people and I hope his legacy will continue to inspire, even as his physical recovery is complete.

No comments:

Post a Comment